This conversation started with my eight year old son the other day. I think it stemed from my sister saying that if she ever won the lottery she would hire someone to do her laundry. I’m not sure where the number 5,000 came from. Maybe an instant lottery ticket that he saw?
So here is what I would do first…
1. Buy a limo and hire a chauffeur to drive me to and from work.
2. Buy a house in Elmhurst, IL. (Beautiful town, my dream place to live…)
3. Pay off all debt and then go on a vacation. Where? I’m not sure…
Here is what my son would do…
1. Buy a limo and hire a chauffeur. (This is the only place our lists overlap.)
2. Design and buy a superhero suit.
3. Hire a butler and call him Alfred. No, it doesn’t matter what his name is, he will still call him Alfred. Requirement of the job. (Can you tell he is a Batman fan?)
4. Hire a sidekick. Job requirements: boy, six years old, British.
None of this will ever happen of course, because we don’t buy lottery tickets. It’s still fun to dream! What would you do with $5,000 a week for life?